We are looking for a Product Operations Manager to join our team in Blacksburg, Virginia. The scope of this role is to efficiently manage the operations of a production application while ensuring the best possible user experience. This is a…
Block.one is a software publisher specialising in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralised applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. As Block.one scales its offices in Hong Kong and the United States, we are building disruptive solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
We are looking for a qualified communications and media relations professional with content creation experience to join our team in Hong Kong who are telling the story of Block.one throughout Asia Pacific as well as globally. You should have a positive attitude and a dynamic problem solving mind-set to ensure that you can adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced young, high-growth enterprise.
- As a member of the media and communications team, work with internal business stakeholders, marketing, events and social media colleagues to tell the story of Block.one to audiences that matter.
- Protect, elevate the reputation of Block.one, and align with business goals of growing revenue and expanding the business.
- Contribute to the creation of Block.one’s evolving brand story and narrative.
- Help to formulate PR and media strategy as well as collaborate on media outreach, pitching, Q&A material, company messaging, internal communications policy.
- Support the Marketing and Events teams with feedback on posts, announcements and event collateral.
- Work with other departments (e.g, Developer Relations, Product, and Venture Capital) on external communication initiatives.
- Provide broad editorial and communications support for brand and executive elevation opportunities, such as at company-hosted events, industry conferences, for award submissions, internal memos, website copy, presentations.
- Assist in creating, coordinating and maintaining an active editorial calendar of relevant content.
- In addition to standard PR related content, such as press releases, originate thought leadership and other content streams and campaigns to promote Block.ones story, the unique attributes of its productsEOSIO and Block.one’s vision of bringing blockchain to the mainstream.
- Assist in managing PR agency relationship.
Experience and qualifications
- 3-5 years strong background in PR or financial, technology journalism. Background in tech and fintech would be an advantage.
- Native-level English speaking, writing, and grammar skills. American English Standards preferred.
- Understands how business strategy and targets align with communications goals.
- Strong interest in, and curiosity for, blockchain, business building, fintech, and financial, and social media markets.
- Proactive self starter, able to pitch ideas and see them through to completion.
- Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and tight schedules with great attitude.
- Ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Able to work in a fluid, changing environments that may be ambiguous and evolving.
- Problem solver who seeks answers and presents options.