We are looking for a qualified Receptionist to join our Blacksburg team as the first point of contact for office visitors. Successful candidate will have a positive attitude and a dynamic problem solving mindset to thrive in our fast-paced start-up…
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. As Block.one scales its offices in Hong Kong and USA we are building disruptive solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
We are looking for a qualified Receptionist to join our team who is experienced in first point of contact for our company and offering administrative support across the organization. You should have a positive attitude and a dynamic problem solving mind-set to ensure that you can adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced start up.
- Greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing visitors at the front desk appropriately.
- Answering screening and forwarding incoming phone calls.
- Receiving and sorting daily mail.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Update and coordinate all meeting rooms bookings.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Receiving company orders and supplies.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing and courier deliveries.
- Ensure the availability of drinking water, coffee & tea for all staffs and visitors.
- Flexible to deal with frequent ad hoc requests as required.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid verbal communication skills (Both in English and Cantonese).
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- High school or associate degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.