Our Hong Kong-based engineering team is building a team in the Block.one's new Arlington, VA office. The Senior Engineering Manager will be responsible for growing and managing a large software development team, and building out products and infrastructure to support our…
The block.one Lead Security Architect is responsible for aligning security standards, application development frameworks, and security engineering principles with the overall technology application and infrastructure architecture. This senior expert will leverage their knowledge of system, software, network, and cyber security architecture principles to achieve both system performance and resilience requirements and cyber security goals across a broad range of technology challenges. The ideal candidate will integrate secure SDLC and cybersecurity lifecycle to design and implement devsecops solutions that operate at the appropriate level of risk.
- Architects, designs, and implements cyber security measures related to computer networks and software testing and validation procedures, CI/CD pipeline automation, software engineering and cloud computing
- Performs threat modeling and assists the architecture and engineering teams to define security principles into requirements, epics, user stories, and general use cases to ensure that the right security controls are applied to applications, systems and networks to keep data secure
- Provides technical expertise to the Security Operations Center (SOC) during the full lifecycle of product evaluation, recommendation, testing, installation, rollout, and support
- Applies secure development/coding to include; but not limited to, cloud technology, internet servers, application whitelisting, virtualized containers, web-enabled database applications, network security, security engineering, data integrity, intrusion detection, forensic and legal information security, virtual private networks, public key/infrastructure/digital signatures, encryption, network security architecture, and policy
- Fosters the develops of CI/CD and API integrations and recommends configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of cloud security tools
- Champions security by injecting security concerns into the existing development / devops workflow; builds security thinking into every stage of software development
- Coordinates with teams across the company on technical security engineering requirements,
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or another related field
- 12 years of experience as a security architect and/or developer in a large corporation OR Master's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other related field, and 8 years of experience
- Deep understanding of coding and scripting languages such as (e.g., Python, Java) and can easily adapt to other languages quickly and efficiently Expert level in defining and implementing an SDLC
- Expert level in working closely with development teams
- Experience with Static and Dynamic Code Analysis tools
- Experience in building security checks into the CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge of OWASP, SDLC, and security vulnerabilities
- Experience with Oracle, Postgres, or SQL Server
- Experience with Java, REST, SOAP, and JSON
- Hands on experience in both using and securing Linux-based systems and containers desirable
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Ability to take initiative and use skills to contribute to development of company objectives, policy, and principles, as well as to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high tech environment juggling multiple priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Must be committed to a culture of continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
- Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong communication, influencing and presentation skills.
- Previous experience running best in class Customer Service and Operational Support teams
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in high pressure situations and manage distributed teams with competing priorities with tight deadlines