Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following…
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following its introduction in May 2018.
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. As Block.one scales its offices in Hong Kong and USA we are building disruptive solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Legal Counsel to support our Legal Team and be an integral part of the day to day strategy for Block.one. In this role, you will be tasked with ensuring our legal interests are protected and that we build strong internal corporate governance processes across the organisation while working closely with cross-functional teams in all locations.
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issue
- Working alongside other departments within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Assisting on inter-group corporate operations, resolutions, servicing agreements, etc.
- Ensure all corporate governance and regulatory requirements are met and that the legal function provides the Executive team with accurate and effective advice and support for decision making purposes
- Ensure consistency and compliance with corporate regulations.
- Management of external counsel to ensure successful outcome of corporate strategy and ensure the appropriate level of expertise is available within the function
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
- Must be admitted to a recognised bar, preference for UK or NY
- Must have 5+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major company
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organisation
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organisation’s legal department and across all businesses
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision