Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following…
We are looking for a qualified Receptionist to join our Blacksburg team as the first point of contact for office visitors. Successful candidate will have a positive attitude and a dynamic problem solving mindset to thrive in our fast-paced start-up environment.
- Greet, welcome, and direct visitors at the front desk.
- Maintain office security by following procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Receive and sort mail and packages.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable.
- Place and/or receive company orders (equipment, supplies, meal orders, etc.).
- Perform clerical receptionist duties such as answering the phone, filing, photocopying.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Previous work experience as a Receptionist, Secretary, or similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (fax machines and printers).
- Professional, positive attitude and demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service oriented.
About Block.one LLC
Block.one LLC is a creator of Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), a concept introduced by CTO Daniel Larimer in 2014 that empowers open source communities to disrupt existing centralized business models. Currently we, along with others globally, are developing EOSIO, a revolutionary open-source decentralized blockchain infrastructure that will be used worldwide as the basis for developing countless high-throughput blockchain applications. We are looking for extraordinary technology professionals to join the Block.one LLC team in our continuing quest to enhance, refine and scale EOSIO for our rapidly expanding developer community.
Published by Block.one, EOSIO is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications. The EOSIO software provides accounts, authentication, databases, and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. This allows for horizontal scalability, replaces user fees with an ownership model, and powers simple deployment of decentralized applications. Check out the EOSIO GitHub repository to read our source code and, for more information, visit the resources section of the EOSIO website.