The VP, Product Management role is the owner of the Product Roadmap, Product Management processes, and manager of the Product Management and Product UX teams. Responsibilities: Define and operate the Product Management Process and methodology at Block.oneManage multiples teams of Product Managers,…
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform for developers, following its introduction in May 2017
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
To support our expansion, we are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Finance team as a Risk and Product Controller. The responsibilities associated with this role will stretch across the organisation’s business activities, with core focus areas being the treasury portfolio and digital asset portfolio trading units.
- Manage Risk and P&L control and reporting across traditional financial service products and digital asset products
- Build a robust risk management and reporting framework across key financial risks, factoring best practices across traditional and crypto industries
- Provide oversight and regular reporting of key financial risks including Liquidity Risk, Market Risk and Credit Risk
- Set and monitor risk limits and exposures, and ensuring timely escalation of limit breaches
- Develop appropriate and relevant control policies including but not limited to reconciliation and reporting, balance sheet verification, valuation and price verification
- Build appropriate reconciliations to ensure complete and accurate recording in the financial ledger
- Provide regular P&L and Risk insight and reporting, including to management and Board committees
- Take a pro-active approach to identifying key risks and proposing risk management/ mitigation solutions
- Perform financial impact analysis and stress testing of traditional and digital assets portfolios. Develop appropriate models to facilitate this
- Partner with the Block.one software development team to build a suitable trade capture, reconciliation, and risk and P&L monitoring and reporting system.
- Partnering with the business, understand the control considerations of new business activity/ products
- Partner with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure risk appetite is appropriately documented, communicated and managed
Experience and Qualifications
- Prior experience in Financial Services in risk / product control / middle office departments advantageous as similar principles will prevail in the digital assets environment.
- Experience within financial services, control functions or risk consulting will be advantageous
- Qualifications similar to CPA / CA / FRM / CFA
- Experience in Robotics Process Automation will be advantageous
- Advanced Excel / VBA / Coding skills or the comparable
- Problem solving and data modelling skills
- Demonstrate enthusiasm about blockchain and the crypto space
- Strong interpersonal skills with a strong collaboration mindset
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and priorities effectively
- Build from the ground up
- “Can-do, make it happen” attitude