We are looking for a passionate Business Process Analyst to join the Program Management team in Blacksburg, Virginia. As a Business Process Analyst, you will be involved in defining the project and program management processes from articulating vision to documenting detailed process…
Block.one is a software publisher and the leader in high performance blockchain technologies. In 2018, we released EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications. EOSIO is regarded as the fastest, most scalable, most active blockchain software in the world. It addresses the limitations of first- generation blockchain platforms while retaining the core benefits of the technology: security, accountability, and immutability. Our latest product, Voice, aims to redefine social media by cultivating creation, sharing, discovery and promotion of content by real users. We further encourage a robust blockchain ecosystem through developing and supporting projects built on EOSIO via our venture capital unit, EOS VC.
We continue to look for ways to apply our software and blockchain expertise in a wide range of industries and through various business models. We have offices in Hong Kong and the United States and we recruit world-class globally-minded talent to help us develop creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel with exposure to the technology industry to be an integral part of our Legal Team. This is a high-impact role that will leverage the successful candidate’s managerial skills, business acumen and legal expertise to deliver global projects. The role has a focus on technology/TMT and in addition the Senior Legal Counsel will be involved in a wide variety of general commercial matters.
- Managing complex matters with stakeholders across the business, finance and engineering teams
- Resolving technology/TMT and related corporate issues for product launches, development initiatives and M&A deals
- Drafting and negotiating agreements relating to SaaS, cybersecurity, advertising, outsourcing and other business transactions
- Advising on data privacy, confidentiality and security issues and developing and implementing relevant policies and agreements
- Handling issues relating to the company’s marketing, websites, social media and publications
- Managing external counsel from initial instruction through to billing
Experience & Qualities
- 8PQE+, common law qualified
- Technology/TMT or Corporate practice in a reputable international law firm
- In-house experience will be beneficial but not essential
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and on international projects
- Willingness to take responsibility for driving matters to conclusion
- Proactive and able to thrive in a quick-paced start-up environment
- Ability to connect and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong commercial acumen and sound judgement
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity