As a UI Developer at Block.one, you will have a strong background in both front end development and design. You should be able to flex your technical muscles while still maintaining a vigilant eye towards great UX and Design, expressing…
We are looking for a qualified Senior UI Designer to join our team. The Senior UI Designer will be responsible for mobile responsive web sites and applications, prototypes, UI libraries, brand books, web style guides, user interfaces, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, site maps, iconography, and overall web design. You’ll be working on exciting new projects, including a full suite of marketing and product sites.
Ideal calibre who has designed for targeted demographics and oversees products through to final production. He/ she should possess exceptional design skills, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principles. Proven experience in an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at our company. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
For this position, we expect you to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You should be methodical and have excellent time management skills. Experience in designing for social media graphics, emails, online newsletters, and various digital assets is a plus. You should also be proficient in Photoshop, Zeplin, WordPress, InVision, Sketch and working on a Mac with intermediate skills in CSS and HTML.
What you will be doing:
• 65% UI/Visual Design
• 35% UX Strategy and Research
• 90% Hands On
• 10% Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, analysts, writers, researchers, product managers, project managers, and marketing department to understand and define UI & UX direction.
- Responsible for mobile responsive web sites and applications, prototypes, UI libraries, brand books, web style guides, user interfaces, wireframes, hi-fidelity mockups, site maps, iconography, and overall products web design.
- Comfortable working in every phase of the product development lifecycle (except coding) to create intuitive products.
- Work across the lines of Project and Product Management, UI, UX, design, and QA.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and define UI and UX goals for new and evolving features.
- Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on your research, team feedback, and user feedback.
- Lead white boarding, user testing, iterations, A/B testing, process flows and have a strong understanding of UI and UX design principles.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to effectively conceptualise and communicate detailed interaction behaviours for multiple environments and audiences.
- Communicate designs and drive alignment with teammates and stakeholders from concept to final design.
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Assist with usability testing, user interviews, stakeholder interviews, and user surveys.
- Write specs and review implementations.
- Degree- Bachelors’ or Masters’ Preferred- Or Equal Experience
- Portfolio of demonstrated UI design and UX strategy projects
- Strong understanding of UI and UX within the Development Process
- Strong understanding of collaboration with a software and web development team throughout the lifecycle
- Understanding of, and passion for, interaction design principles
- Data-driven approach to user testing and lean production principles
- Excellent time-management and Organisation skills
- Identifies priorities and plans accordingly
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Proficient in Photoshop, Zeplin, WordPress, InVision, Sketch and working on a Mac with intermediate skills in CSS and HTML
- Advanced Skills: Persona Development, Information Architecture, using secondary UX Research.
- Advanced Skills: High-Fidelity prototyping in Axure, Sketch, or InVision.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimally five plus (5+) years’ experience working within UI Design
- 3+ years experience in UX, Design, Product management, or similar role
- Experience working closely with marketing, research, engineering, project, and product management teams
- Expertise in managing multiple projects and/or clients at once
- Experience in B2B or Tech environment a PLUS!
- Engaging presentation and storytelling skills, using both language and imagery
- Experience designing for consumer-facing digital products and/or services
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract and various web-based tools such as, Trello, TeamGantt, Fogbugz, MailChimp, and JIRA.