Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform for…
Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform for developers, following its introduction in May 2017
Through its affiliate, Block.one Hong Kong provides software development and consultancy services through its office in Central, Hong Kong. We are continuing to look for global and local talent to join us in Hong Kong to offer creative solutions based on the latest technological innovations and trends.
To support our expansion we require an experienced SEO Lead to join our Public Communications Team.
- Take ownership of all aspects of organic search engine visibility for the company’s online presence, including, but not limited to branding, press releases, job placements, ensuring that they are displayed accurately and time-specific.
- Perform keyword research, identify content gaps and track trending topics to identify content ideas to develop into insight articles, blog posts and other forms of media such as video, infographics and white papers.
- Perform thorough website audit to identify and discover content, technical, usability and performance issues that impact search engine visibility.
- Web page optimization for both search engines and human visitors. This may include, but not limited to, crafting of meta tags, applying structured data, keyword optimization and internal linking.
- Develop and implement content strategy for the company in its effort to attract target audience and educate the public about blockchain technology and related subjects.
- Assist teams in implementing a search engine-friendly content on a CMS such as WordPress and optimize them using SEO plugins.
- Develop and maintain link building strategies to acquire relevant inbound links and collaborate with other teams in implementing them.
- Monitor website performance and measure key performance indicators such as organic traffic, bounce rate, conversions, etc using web analytics and other relevant tools.
- Collect and analyze web analytics data and provide insights to present to management and stakeholders for review.
- Align with dev, tech, editorial and comms teams to drive SEO in content creation and optimization.
Experience & qualifications
- Proven SEO experience
- In-depth experience in tools tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console + Bing Webmaster Tools and Moz
- Familiar on use of tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog and other Google tools such as Tag Manager, PageSpeed Insights, Mobile-friendly Testing and Structured Data
- Basic understanding of SEO techniques and technologies such as canonicalization, web indexing, crawl budget, domain/page authority, Rankbrain, mobile SEO, local SEO, content expansion and semantic SEO.
- Good understanding of advertising optimization from a search perspective and the relevant tools needed.
- Good understanding of user behavior, search personas and audience segmentation based on website content and analytics data.
- Good understanding of search ranking factors and monitoring of algorithm updates.
- A solid grasp of how SEO enhances effectiveness of blogs, press releases, social media content, and related online strategies.
- Has background in creating reports and presentations showing web analytics data, site evaluations and recommendations derived from report insights.
- Has attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English. Additional language a plus.
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology a plus.
- A self-starter and ability to take initiative.