Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform for…
As a leading technology company, Block.one is creating a software practice of quality. Block.one treats quality assurance as a technical challenge. Unlike traditional software quality processes where quality assurance passively supports development, Block.one applies engineering principles by breaking up the problem, applying design patterns, building reusable technology to raise the quality of software developed throughout the organization.
We are growing a team of developers distributed throughout product facing developer squads to implement automation platforms and tools and ensure that all code is testable and covered by deterministic and reliable tests. Engineers in this role work as part of an agile team and collaborate with other engineers to ensure high quality and rapid releases. You will also seek to identify weaknesses in our code, quantify the effects of them, and suggest or implement solutions.
- Design and implement highly reliable and authoritative tests.
- Ensure a high level of build health through monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Work with product-facing developers to implement automation platforms, infrastructures, and processes.
- Work with automation staff and other peers to improve and augment the automation platforms so they are relevant and consumable for your agile team.
- Help maintain build pipelines by assisting with deployment automation.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in development and/or automation.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, especially with a focus on automation.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- A technologically flexible approach to making software, with a focus on patterns over tools.
- Proficient in node.js.
- Proficient in bash and other shell scripting languages.
- A basic understanding of probability and the scientific method and how they might apply to developing high quality software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on tasks.
- Embrace of agile and iterative processes.
- Proficiency in environment automation
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Proficiency in C++ (11 or higher)
- Familiarity with blockchain a plus, but not required
Technologies we currently use
- C++ 11/14/17
- Boost test
About Block.one LLC
Block.one LLC is a creator of Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), a concept introduced by CTO Daniel Larimer in 2014 that empowers open source communities to disrupt existing centralized business models. Currently we, along with others globally, are developing EOSIO, a revolutionary open-source decentralized blockchain infrastructure that will be used worldwide as the basis for developing countless high-throughput blockchain applications. We are looking for extraordinary technology professionals to join the Block.one LLC team in our continuing quest to enhance, refine and scale EOSIO for our rapidly expanding developer community.
Published by Block.one, EOSIO is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications. The EOSIO software provides accounts, authentication, databases, and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. This allows for horizontal scalability, replaces user fees with an ownership model, and powers simple deployment of decentralized applications. Check out the EOSIO GitHub repository to read our source code and, for more information, visit the resources section of the EOSIO website.