We are looking for several Engineering Managers to join our team in Blacksburg, Virginia. Our Blacksburg software teams consist of 6+ engineers, currently working in Blockchain engineering, mobile software development, and web development. You will help us to challenge,…
EOS.IO, a blockchain software, is the latest project launched by a group of serial tech entrepreneurs and established professionals who believe blockchain technology is a positive disruptive force that will usher in a new era of decentralization, transparency, accountability and security.
Blockchains are a catalyst for change at a global scale, but global scale requires extreme performance. Radical levels of transparency and accountability don't come cheaply. Delivering truly transformative decentralized applications will require re-architecting data structures, utilizing cycles on all available cores, and exploiting the latest hardware, leaving nothing on the table.
We are looking for a passionate systems optimization engineer to join our core blockchain technology team. As a member of this team, you will help push the blockchain boundaries. You will be critical in the innovation, design, and development that achieves a decentralized future powered by EOS.IO.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C++ code.
- Expose and analyze metrics from core blockchain systems.
- Research and educate peers on topics relating to coding for performance.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Do it all in open source.
- Experience with Java, Go, Rust, or C++. Strong proficiency in C++ preferred, with solid knowledge of language specification. Experience with C++ 11 or 14 required, particularly mastery of STL, Boost and Lambdas.
- BA/MS degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Familiarity with blockchain a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
About Block.one LLC
Block.one LLC is a creator of Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), a concept introduced by CTO Daniel Larimer in 2014 that empowers open source communities to disrupt existing centralized business models. Currently we, along with others globally, are developing EOSIO, a revolutionary open-source decentralized blockchain infrastructure that will be used worldwide as the basis for developing countless high-throughput blockchain applications. We are looking for extraordinary technology professionals to join the Block.one LLC team in our continuing quest to enhance, refine and scale EOSIO for our rapidly expanding developer community.
Published by Block.one, EOSIO is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications. The EOSIO software provides accounts, authentication, databases, and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. This allows for horizontal scalability, replaces user fees with an ownership model, and powers simple deployment of decentralized applications. Check out the EOSIO GitHub repository to read our source code and, for more information, visit the resources section of the EOSIO website.