Block.one is a software publisher specializing in high performance blockchain technologies. Its first project, EOSIO, an open-source blockchain protocol designed to enable secure data transfer and high-performance decentralized applications, has received global recognition as the first performant blockchain platform, following…
As a Block.one Technical Writer, you will be working with the Developer Relations team and reporting to the Manager of Information Development. You will be responsible for creating and supporting technical documentation and tutorials for a developer audience for innovative products built and maintained by Block.one. You will work closely with our EOSIO Core development team and our Developer Relations Advocates to obtain in-depth understanding of system documentation and EOSIO platform requirements. You will contribute and manage content, such as tutorials, guides, and reference documentation for the EOSIO Developer Portal and other Block.one communication channels. This effort includes working with the Developer Relations Team to strategize development of the Developers Portal, which increases the effectiveness of content through analytics and feedback.
This position is an amazing opportunity for those who want to be “on the wave” of the latest and coolest tech in the industry.
- Must be fluent in written English with proven technical writing skills
- Experience writing tutorials, guides, API docs, sample apps
- Ability to learn complex new systems and quickly develop product expertise
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Blockchain experience is a plus
- Proven experience working directly with engineering teams on a product for a technical audience, such as DevOps, developers, or scientists
- Proven experience using tools to create, manage and publish documentation, such as Github, Google Docs, Docs as Code, markdown language, GraphViz or other diagram interpreter programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience testing your documentation
- Excellent teamwork skills, multicultural teamwork skills a plus
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, communications, journalism, or equivalent experience, studies in computer science or computer engineering are a plus
Block.one is the global leader in high-performance blockchain software. In 2018, it published the EOSIO software, a free, open-source protocol designed to be adapted and utilized by the developer community and companies to create a more secure and transparent back-end system. EOSIO is regarded as the fastest, most scalable, most active blockchain software in the world. It addresses the limitations of first-generation blockchain platforms while retaining the core benefits of the technology: security, accountability, and immutability. Block.one’s latest product, Voice, aims to redefine social media by cultivating creation, sharing, discovery and promotion of content by real users. Block.one further encourages a robust blockchain ecosystem through developing and supporting projects built on EOSIO via its venture capital unit, EOS VC. For further information, please visit block.one.
Published by Block.one, EOSIO is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications. The EOSIO software provides accounts, authentication, databases, and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. This allows for horizontal scalability, replaces user fees with an ownership model, and powers simple deployment of decentralized applications. Check out the EOSIO GitHub repository to read our source code and, for more information, visit the resources section of the EOSIO website.