Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, the VP of Security Operations will lead and be responsible for the overall security of Block.one facilities. This position is a critical partner with all internal corporate functions to protect Block.one’s people, assets and brand reputation.
- Create a safe working environment for all relevant stakeholders and provide strategic operational guidance in the following areas:
- Security risk management and mitigation;
- Security management of large-scale events;
- Design and integration of security systems;
- Investigations and threat management support;
- Crisis and emergency management planning and execution;
- Management of guard services;
- Visitor management;
- Travel security;
- Executive protection;
- Workplace security;
- Review of protocols and maintaining up-to-date industry knowledge with regards to best practice implementation and continuous improvement.
- Oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company, including support of information technology, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other key internal groups.
- Oversee the supply chain of vendors who help to secure the company’s assets and provide crtical sensitive services to block.one.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Manage the global threat intelligence program.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Develop emergency procedures and crisis management/incident response protocols.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of security training programs for employees and contractors.
- Manage executive protection programs for talent and executives as required.
- Develop and institute plans that will evaluate, track and provide for quick response to external security threats.
- Create metrics to measure the effectiveness of the security program and implement a system to track and report physical security issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with high-level law enforcement, security agencies, as well as counterparts in both intelligence and private sector.
- Manage the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
- Act as an advocate and primary liaison for the company’s security policies, initiatives and standards and communicates with the company’s senior executives as necessary.
- 10+ years of extensive relevant security leadership experience.
- Previous corporate responsibility for Security and/or Crisis Management for a large employer/for a large campus environment.
- Extensive relevant security leadership experience ideally within Homeland Security, intelligence, law enforcement, military, public service or private sector corporate security organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute security strategies in matrixed organizations on an ongoing basis or in crisis situations.
- Must be an articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, organizational and time management skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong administrative and report writing skill sets are essential.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, strong analytical, problem solving and follow-up skills necessary
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently when necessary and use sound business judgement.
- Demonstrate integrity, tact, diplomacy and a commitment to company values.
- Proven track record of working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
About Block.one LLC
Block.one LLC is a creator of Decentralized Autonomous Corporations (DACs), a concept introduced by CTO Daniel Larimer in 2014 that empowers open source communities to disrupt existing centralized business models. Currently we, along with others globally, are developing EOSIO, a revolutionary open-source decentralized blockchain infrastructure that will be used worldwide as the basis for developing countless high-throughput blockchain applications. We are looking for extraordinary technology professionals to join the Block.one LLC team in our continuing quest to enhance, refine and scale EOSIO for our rapidly expanding developer community.
Published by Block.one, EOSIO is a blockchain protocol that enables horizontal scaling of decentralized applications, allowing developers to efficiently create high performance distributed applications. The EOSIO software provides accounts, authentication, databases, and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. This allows for horizontal scalability, replaces user fees with an ownership model, and powers simple deployment of decentralized applications. Check out the EOSIO GitHub repository to read our source code and, for more information, visit the resources section of the EOSIO website.